Argentinean Pastel de Papas recipe: Making sheperds pie from Argentina is very easy and you can prepare this wonderful meal at home for your family and friends.
Argentinean Shepherd's Pie (Pastel de Papas)
4 cups of mashed potatoes (add butter and salt to taste)
2 cups ground beef
½ teaspoon of chopped parsley
2 tablespoons of grated cheese
1 onion, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 garlic clove, minced
½ cup of oil
Spices to taste
1. Heat the oil. Fry onions and garlic.
2. Stir in tomatoes and tomato sauce when onions turn light brown.
3. When tomatoes are cooked, stir in ground beef.
4. Continue stirring to blend well all ingredients. Add the cheese and parsley
5. Cook until beef is brown. Remove from heat and season.
6. Oil a baking dish and then spread half the potatoes on the bottom.
7. Spread the ground beef over the potatoes.
8. Cover the ground beef with the remaining mashed potatoes.
9. Bake in oven till the top is lightly browned.