* 1/2 pound sliced Danish bacon (or lean slab bacon, rind removed)
* cut into 1-inch pieces
* 1 medium potato, shredded
* 1 small onion, finely chopped
* 1 small ripe tomato, seeded and finely chopped
* 6 large eggs
* 1/2 cup whole milk
* 1 tablespoon minced chives
* Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large skillet, fry the bacon over moderate heat till almost crisp and drain on paper towels. Pour off all but about 1 tablespoon of the fat, add the potato, onion, and tomato, and stir till the potato is softened, about 5 minutes.
In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk, pour over the vegetables, and stir slightly. Add the bacon, chives, and pepper, stir, and bake in the oven till the omelette is set, 20 to 25 minutes.
Cut into wedges and serve hot.